Read more Minneapolis Music Guide.
at Xcel Energy
Thursday, 10/08/2015, 8pm ($42.50)
We love the Material Girl. Madonna will be stopping in St Paul next week (October 8th at Xcel Energy Center) in support of her latest Rebel Heart album.
We've seen the live photos from this current tour and, of course, she looks amazing.
If you ever wondered why these big shows are so expensive, look at the numbers below. Hours of designing costumes and setup, plus all the dancers, costume staff (60!), and all the roadies (180 people traveling on this tour!)
Here is the official Rebel Heart Tour By the Numbers:
• 2,150,400 LED Pixels are light up the rear screens on the Rebel Heart stage
• 140,000 pounds of lights, sound and video equipment necessary for each night's performance.
• 55,000 pounds the weight of the moveable stage ramp used multiple times throughout the concert.
• 25,391 miles of road will be traveled by tour bus for the North American Leg of tour.
• 10,000 number of hours of workmanship have gone into creating costumes from Alessandro Michele for Gucci, Alexander Wang, Fausto Puglisi, Jeremy Scott for Moschino, Nicolas Jebran, Miu Miu, Prada and Swarovski for the Rebel Heart Tour.
• 1000 plus wardrobe pieces are required for all the performers onstage.
• 500 pair of shoes have been custom made.
• 200 plus pair of fishnets will be worn by Madonna by the time the Rebel Tour wraps.
• 180 the number of people working and traveling on the Rebel Heart Tour.
• 121 Days of Rehearsal before the opening night of the tour in Montreal.
• 60 people make up the costume staff dressing, sewing and adjusting the costumes night after night.
• 25 string instruments are used during the show.
• 23 Songs are on the Rebel Heart Tour set list each night.
• 22 videos play on the rear screens during the concert.
• 20 Stupendous dancers dance nightly with the Material Girl.
• 17 Make Up brushes and 5 powder puffs used on Madonna each night.
• 13 drums make up the drum-kit.
• 7 bouncing sway poles extend over the audience during the performance.
• 6 custom designed sets of lashes are used each night.
• 4 static poles arise from the stage during the show.
Oct. 5 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct. 6 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct. 8 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Oct. 11 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Oct. 12 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Oct. 14 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Oct. 17 Portland, OR Moda Center
Oct. 19 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose
Oct. 22 Glendale, AZ Gila River Arena
Oct. 24 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
Oct. 27 Los Angeles, CA Forum
Oct. 29 San Diego, CA Valley View Casino Center
at 7th Street Entry
Thursday, 10/08/2015, 8pm ($8)
Montreal quartet Ought is currently touring North America for their latest album Sun Coming Down (available now on Constellation Records).
Brooklyn's LVL UP is self-described as "slacker rock". You may recall that we caught up with the band at the Triple Rock in June 2015 and described them as, "plays punky, but sometimes restrained shoegazer jams."
10/03 – Washington DC – Comet Ping Pong
10/05 – Philadelphia, PA – Boot & Saddle
10/08 – Minneapolis, MN – 7th St. Entry
10/09 – Winnipeg, MB – The Good Will
10/10 - Saskatoon, SK – Amigos Cantina
10/11 – Edmonton, AB – Up + Downtown
10/12 – Calgary, AB – Palomino Smokehouse
10/14 – Vancouver, CA – Red Gate
10/15 – Seattle, WA – Sunset Tavern
10/16 – Portland, OR – Bunk Bar
10/18 – San Francisco, CA – Treasure Island
10/19 – Los Angeles, CA – The Echo
10/20 – San Diego, CA – The Hideout
10/22 – Salt Lake City – Kilby Court
10/23 – Denver, CO – Larimer Lounge
10/25 – St. Louis, MO – The Demo
10/26 – Detroit, MI – Majestic Café
10/27 – Chicago, IL – Beat Kitchen
10/29 – Toronto, CA – Horseshoe Tavern
at Cedar Cultural Center
Thursday, 10/08/2015, 7pm ($18)
Anything described as "an evening with...", I get the impression that it's a nice, quiet, intimate, sit-down event... which is pretty much all the shows that I've attended for Portland Cello Project.
PCP is back, baby. Once again, they are playing the Cedar Cultural Center. Once, again, expect them to do various pop song covers, like Kanye West or Metallica .... on cellos, of course.
NOTE: Seated show.
10/03/15 Spokane, WA | The Bartlett
10/04/15 Missoula, MT | Top Hat Lounge
10/05/15 Bozeman, MT | Faultline
10/08/15 Minneapolis, MN | Cedar Cultural
10/09/15 Stoughton, WI | Stoughton Opera
10/10/15 Chicago, IL | Lincoln Hall
10/25/15 St. Louis, MO | Duck Room
10/28/15 Washington DC | The Hamilton
10/29/15 Purcellville, VA | Franklin Park Arts
10/30/15 Brooklyn, NY | Littlefield
11/05/15 Flagstaff, AZ | Coconino Center
11/06/15 Mesa, AZ | Mesa Arts Center
11/07/15 Santa Fe, NM | SkyLight
11/08/15 Albuquerque, NM | Simms Center
11/14/15 Corvallis, OR | Majestic Theatre
11/29/15 Bend, OR | Tower Theatre
12/04/15 Portland, OR | Revolution Hall
12/06/15 Seattle, WA | Benaroya Hall