Pinfield is part of Skype's "Join Say it with Skype" upcoming competition to be the Skype house band. This is a great opportunity for young musicians to showcase their music and win a professional studio recording. Judges (and later mentors) will include Matt Pinfield, Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) and Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic).
Here's how it works:
• Add the Join Say It With Skype app
• Find the "submit a URL of your band" and hit "record a live performance"
• The next step is to just rock out.
IMPORTANT: Bands can submit their entries on the Skype Facebook page until Thursday, June 14 at 11:59 P.M. EST. Winners will be selected and notified on Tuesday, June 19 via email and will be announced publicly on Monday, July 9 at 9:00 A.M. EST.
Besides from "Say it with Skype", Pinfield also talk a little about Dave Kendall and 120 Minutes, how he consume his music (he has a record player in his kitchen).
Song of the show is Gaslight Anthem's "45", which is Matt Pinfield's favorite song at the moment.
Keep up with Matt Pinfield on twitter, he's currently started MTV's The Hivecast with Matt Pinfield (they're on episode #1 with Mark Ronson), he's on "terrestrial radio" with Cumulus Media-produced "Flashback" show (which is carried by 200 stations, including 92 KQRS), and is working on a book.
• Matt's hilarious Prince story, plus Bob Mould.
• I should also mention that I use the standard Skype phone and computer application all the time, but not so much the Facebook's "Say It With Skype" app. As part of the research, I did check it out by sending a birthday greeting with our favorite Ash band. It's really cool, I even got to put in my own text in the message:
W♥M Radio is available on iTunes, please subscribe!
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe via RSS
Add to Google
Add to Yahoo
Archive of this show at archive.org. More information on podomatic.com