Read more Going for Gold.
New York's Yellow Ostrich will be heading out on tour this March in support of their latest album, Cosmos (due out Feb. 25 on Barsuk Records).
As a special preview, the band will be playing a private show in New York tomorrow, which W♥M will be covering, so stay tuned for a writeup and some photos.
Yellow Ostrich's tour dates:
03/03 Washington DC - DC9
03/04 Raleigh NC - Kings
03/05 Atlanta GA - The Earl
03/06 Nashville TN - The High Watt
03/07 Birmingham AL - The Bottletree
03/08 New Orleans LA - Circle Bar
03/09 Houston TX - Fitzgerald's
03/15 Scottsdale AZ - Pub Rock Live
03/16 San Diego CA - Casbah
03/18 Los Angeles CA - The Echo
03/19 San Francisco CA - Bottom of The Hill
03/21 Portland OR - Doug Fir Lounge
03/22 Seattle WA - Barboza
03/23 Vancouver BC - Media Club
03/25 Salt Lake City UT - Urban Lounge
03/26 Denver CO - Hi Dive
03/28 St. Paul MN - Turf Club
03/29 Madison WI - High Noon Saloon
03/30 Milwaukee WI - Turner Hall
03/31 Chicago IL - Schubas
04/01 Indianapolis IN - Do317 Lounge
04/03 Philadelphia PA - Boot & Saddle
04/04 New York NY - Bowery Ballroom
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (40th Anniversary)
Elton John's breakthrough album, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, will be getting a special re-issue this March 25th, 2014. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road spent eight weeks at No.1 and went platinum seven times over in the U.S., thanks to the Marilyn Monroe song, "Candle in the Wind", dynamite "Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting", and the c-c-c-catchy "Bennie and the Jets".
I already own the 30th Anniversary Edition of this record on Double CD + DVD set, and I thought that was the ultimate collection... but clearly I am wrong because this upcoming release is really the grandmaster ultimate edition.
The upcoming 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road will be available in a variety of formats - including that new so-called "HD Pure Audio Blu-Ray", which we just previously reviewed the new format.
It sounds really expensive, so I may have to sit out on this new box set of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (even though that 100-page book sounds so cool).
Collectors! Here is a complete list of formats for Goodbye Yellow Brick Road:
2. 2-CD set: 2014 CD remaster of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road as above, 9 cover versions, best of Live At Hammersmith CD Digital equivalent editions: Remaster, Mastered For iTunes
3. Five Disc CD/DVD box set: containing standard album, 9 cover version disc, single B-sides and bonus tracks, complete “Live At Hammersmith” CD, DVD of Bryan Forbes’ 1973 film Elton John And Bernie Taupin Say Goodbye To Norma Jean and Other Things, and 100-page illustrated hardback book packed with rare photos, memorabilia and a new essay containing interviews with Elton John and Bernie Taupin). Digital editions for audio: Remaster, Mastered For iTunes
4. Standard 12” vinyl album. Mastered for vinyl by Doug Sax and Robert Hadley at The Mastering Lab, California. 180-gram audiophile quality vinyl with download card
5. Limited edition yellow vinyl available from store.eltonjohn.com
6. HD Pure Audio Blu-Ray album
Young Yeller (former Chrome Sparks keyboardist, Jesse Brickel) is from Brooklyn, and he has just released his self-titled debut album today (February 11th).
Young Yeller has been releasing music since 2011 with Make Me EP and steadily been working on his debut album. Expect him to play a few shows in support of the new release.
02. 1st Love
03. Drive Me Wild
04. 4 Tonight
06. Ol' Gibbous
07. Cut Me Open
08. U Would Go
09. It's Ok, It's Ok
10. If I Only Knew
11. 2nd Sun
12. I Walked